Friday, January 29, 2010

Life is Beautiful!

There's a wooden decorative sign on my dresser that says the following:

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.


This season of my life is about just that! Life is ever-changing; we are ever-changing. January has been a rather rough month for me. Before Andy ever left, I made several lists. Go figure! Those of you who know me will expect this to be quite normal. One of my lists was of the months that Andy would be gone and some things or visitors that would help keep the time moving. I expected September through December would be the easier of the time since we would be heading into holidays and because I had several guests coming and staying for a good amount of time. I knew the company would be fun and the holidays would be filled with plenty to look forward to. However, I was prepared for January to be the long road ahead. September to December was the shorter part of the year. January to September...that's a different story. I know...you're thinking...what about mid-tour leave??? That's coming up in April, but sorry people that's only a tease so I'm not counting that as Andy coming home. He will be visiting. Don't get confused. I absolutely cannot wait for that to come and get here!

This month has been a little depressing. Erin helped the month because we had such a good time and it was WONDERFUL to see her. My mom is visiting right now and we have been having a lot of fun. I went tonight with a few sweet friends to eat and we had a blast. When I got home, my mom had cleaned...WOW had she cleaned! My bed was even made!

I think the thing that worried me the most about this year (other than Andy's safety) was for me to wish away the year. This is a pretty special year of the girls' lives, so I don't want it to just fly by. They grow up fast enough as it is!

Life really is a beautiful thing! People find out everyday they are sick; people hear bad news all the time. I get to spend my days wtih two happy little girls who just love me and love being with me. They light up when I go into their rooms in the morning to start the day. At night during dinner time, I will play my iPod in the kitchen and we dance and you should see their faces. We really have fun! I have two little people who adore me. I have the best husband; really there is NO better match for me on this planet than him! I love being married to him! So even though my husband is in Iraq (which Kinsey has just learned and calls "RAQ"), life is beautiful!

Here's to a wonderful February!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great positive post! :) I am glad your mom could be there! I wish me and the boys could come visit, I think we would have a blast together. Also, I make lists for everything too, so I know exactly what that is like :) Sometimes it makes the day just seem more organized to have things to cross off, huh?

amy said...

What a wonderful post! I think your sign (and your attitude) is totally inspiring.

Huse Yo Mama said...

I'm so glad you have the blog to be able to vent and build yourself up all at the same time. These memories are going to be something for you to save forever!!

Kallie said...

Here's to a FABULOUS FEBRUARY! with sassy nails none-the-less!

Jamie said...

Beautifully said!! Miss you and love you!

Erin Mitchler said...

Alyssa--Here I am feeling sorry for you and I read your post and now feel so uplifted for you and the girls. Your attitude is amazing!
Love you tons.

Kristen said...

Loved your post! I can learn so much from you!! I need to remember to count my blessings rather than focusing on the negatives. Thank you for that!! And hopefully I will be visiting you and the girls soon!! :) Love you and miss you!!

KCR said...

YOU GO GIRL!