Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Tree

The Christmas tree is one of my favorite parts of this season every year. It marks the beginning of the Christmas holiday for me. We went and picked out our tree last Sunday and while Kinsey was napping that afternoon, Andy and I set it up in the living room. When she woke up, her reaction was too sweet. She has gotten accustomed to it being there but it still marveled by it and her expression when she walks up to it is, "Wow!" We only put about ten ornaments on it and they are up higher than she can reach, so it is a little skimpy but the lights make up for it.




I think after having a baby, it makes the meaning of Christmas even more real. Watching her excitement about such simple things, like lights, makes me appreciate every "little" thing that can be sometimes be taken for granted. Last year when she was tiny (two months old), the celebration of Christmas and the TRUE meaning became so different than before having children. After having a baby at Christmastime, I can just imagine when Jesus was born and the Christmas story. This year I am even more excited than I was last year. Kinsey will actually be a part of the celebration this go round.

Here are some pictures of us in front of the tree. Can you see my pregnant belly (21 weeks)? It's there...I PROMISE!





Also...Kinsey and I had haircuts yesterday. She can see again without a barrette, since those simply don't last long in her hair. Hopefully one day soon.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Too Cute!! What a beautiful family! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas pictures. We can't wait to see you all. Love, Mom and Dad

Our Life Version 6.0 said...

The tree photos are beautiful! Kinsey is so adorable!

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

Nope, can't see the big belly you talk about...maybe it's the black shirt???

Your hair looks good, but Kinsey's is so adorable!!! She looks like a little girl now. Awe. I can't believe how time passes.

hope you have a good Christmas visit with the families. I'm jealous!