Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Take on Pregnancy

The things I love about being pregnant:

1. Gaining weight is a good thing...although it is scary to see numbers on the scale you've never seen before.
2. Being told to consume 300 additional calories a day. I don't feel guilty when I have that bowl of icecream every once in a while.
3. Hearing that quick heartbeat at every appointment.
4. Feeling those movements that grow in strength as the baby grows in size. I also love how their movements right after birth resemble those of them being in your womb. Only Mom would know that though.
5. Being taken care of...if I'm having a craving, Andy does his best to help me fix my craving. If I'm sick or whatever, he's also great about doing whatever I need.
6. Watching a miracle in the making.
7. The pure excitement being pregnant brings--people you know or don't know are so excited. Even as this is the second time around for us, I thought it wouldn't be as exciting to other people, but I feel like everyone, as they find out we're pregnant again, are so excited and congratulatory.
8. Having instant conversation with people.
9. Delivery: Being so proud that I did that! My proudest accomplishment ever was delivering my 10 pound 2 ounce baby girl and people from the nurse's station coming in afterwards saying, "We have to see this 10 pound baby."

My not so favorite aspects of being pregnant:

1. Milk supply decreasing (if you are a nursing mom) as mine did with Kinsey. I just didn't realize I was pregnant. At least she did well with formula after having my milk for so long.
2. Not being able to sleep (thank goodness for Friends seasons).
3. Visiting the bathroom every time I pass one; at least it feels that way!
4. Being careful of certain meds and foods while pregnant.

Overall, I feel like being pregnant is such a gift. A life is so precious and I feel blessed to be able to carry this baby. I know there are so many people who have a hard time getting here, some of which I'm good friends with, and so because of knowing them I especially treasure this blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comments were so familiar even though it has been 24 and 22 years ago since I was pregnant. I was one of the women who LOVED being pregnant! It is an exciting time and I think each baby is so different when you compare things.
Love ya Aunt Janet

Huse Yo Mama said...

At least your pros are longer than your cons! Being pregnant can be awesome, huh?

Thank GOD that you're not as bad as last time, but you did forget one on the con list....morning sickness which is really all-day sickness.

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

You also forgot that laughing and having to change your pants part :) Having babies totally outweighs the wearing Mommy diapers though...it should be a Pro fo sure!