Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Bird Family

We have a wreath on our door like most families. Why this bird family has chosen our wreath to create their nest is beyond me, but it keeps happening. Maybe you will find this as funny as I have. Months ago Andy noticed the nest and took down the wreath. I, having not listened to what he said, replaced the wreath. When I finally realized why he had taken it down after seeing a bird fly away every time I opened the door, I took down the wreath and removed the nest, which at the time held four baby bird eggs. I put the nest on the window sill at the front of the house for the mama bird to find. So...I put the wreath back on the door. We don't use this front door that often, only for company or when we go for a walk. Today when I returned from my walk with Kinsey and Rocky, I saw the bird fly away again. I looked on top of the wreath and there it was...the making of another nest. Does this bird not get the point? You can't live here!

1 comment:

Huse Yo Mama said...

that is funny!! You should do a test and put out a few wreaths - see which one she uses, maybe it's a liking she has to a particular wreath?