Most days are pretty much the same around here with regards to a few details. I thought it was worth sharing my three favorite parts of our day with any interested readers. To someone looking in it may not look like much, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. These are not in order of importance, but rather in the order in which they occur.
When Kinsey awakes in the morning, she makes the sweetest sounds. I will hear her through the monitor cooing and talking. It seems like she gets louder as the weeks progress. I'll go stand at her door and just watch her as she talks and moves around in the crib. When I go into the room or when she spots me, she smiles so big and lets out a coo. It's as if she's saying, "I'm ready for another fun day, Mommy." No matter how tired I am, it's the perfect beginning to every day.
When Andy goes to work, it is very exciting when we get the phone call saying he's on his way home. Rocky even knows when I've talked to Andy and he's let me know he's on his way. Rocky will go and sit by the door waiting for him to walk through it. We all try to go out and greet him on the driveway when we can (at least whomever is awake).
The end of the night comes around 8:00 for Kinsey. We go through her entire sleep regiment. She is loving reading time. Every night she wants to grab at and eat the books we read. I have now put away the thin paper paged books and only have out the board books. We will not be reading the other ones until it's safe. They are usually too long for her anyway right now. Board books are perfect!! My favorite part, though, is the feeling I get when the soft music is playing and I'm feeding her right before bedtime. I have her lamp on the lowest setting and rock her as I feed her. It's so sweet. She looks like she's already in dreamland and loving every moment. It's crazy how fast every day flies by and this is a great time to stop in the moment and appreciate what God has blessed us with...baby Kinsey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i can't imagine anything more precious! thanks for sharing that.
i got to stay at my sister's this weekend...and i also loved wake-up time for maggie! she is just so happy and cooing, and she seems so excited to begin every day! what blessings these babies are.
Post a Comment