We have been busy, which is probably why I haven't posted anything new in the past few weeks. I felt I should update with what all Kinsey has been doing.
I wrote before about her turning to sound with the musical giraffe. She is also paying attention to movement and light now. Her swing has a mirror and mobile above her. In this picture, you can see her looking up at the mobile. As soon as I turned it on, she looked up and just stared. She has also been watching the ceiling fan turn while she lies on the floor and when the television or Christmas tree is turned on, she will look toward the lights.
We read before going to bed every night. She was given a book that has a squeaky Christmas tree on it. Everytime you read a certain word you squeak the tree. Usually when I'm reading to her, Kinsey is looking all around the room. Today, she was interested in the squeaking noise made by the tree. The bonus was Rocky came running as if he was waiting for me to throw the book, so he could play catch.
Andy and I are so excited, because she is really fun right now. I know parents reading this who have children older than her are probably thinking we have yet to experience the fun. As we look forward to each and every stage with her, we are also content with where she is right now. She is making all kinds of noises. Her voice gets louder like she is testing out her vocal chords. We already know those work from her cries, but she is having fun with them now with cute, sweet noises. :>
One more thing...she has almost grown out of her 0-3 month clothes already since she is 23 inches long. She is going to be tall and thin based on her measurements at her last appointment, following in her parents' footsteps.
I probably won't post again until after Christmas. We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and good time with family and friends. It's been a year full of blessings for us and we can't wait until next year.

2 comments:
Great job on that photo, girl! You're a natural! And the subject is pretty darn ADORABLE!!
Merry Christmas to y'all!
Can't wait until you arrive in Bossier! We are anxious to see our precious grandbaby!(You, Andy and Rocky, too. Love, MOM
Post a Comment